The stock market is where you can buy and sell shares in a variety of stocks, for investing in benefit blocks or speculative trading.
The stock market can be accessed via the URL: https://www.torn.com/page.php?sid=stocks
If you own any shares in any stock, you will also have the stock market icon displayed in your Information panel, with a direct link to the stock market.
Buying and Selling
- To buy or sell shares in a particular stock, click on the cell in the "Owned" column. This will open up a panel where you can buy and sell shares, as well as a table of data regarding your current purchases.
- There are no limits to how many shares you can purchase, sell or own at any one time. Buying and selling shares is an instantaneous process, although if you attempt to do so while prices are updating it may take a few (~10) seconds before asking you to confirm the order again with the new share price.
- Buying doesn't come with any tax.
- Selling shares comes with a fee of 0.1% of the total value you sell. For example, if you sell $1,000,000 in total value, a fee of $1,000 is taken. This fee was waived between 06/04/21 and 20/04/21.
- You can sell individual purchases via the link in the purchase history table, alternatively you can also input the number of shares to sell in the input field above this table.
- Purchases can be merged into a single "position"; doing this will average all of the data, including "Bought price", "Bought date", "Profit" and "Change".
- Stocks cannot be bought or sold while in hospital, jail or traveling.
- Stocks cannot be traded directly between players. Since shares are bought and sold instantaneously, there is no longer a requirement for P2P trading. All stocks will be bought and sold via the stock market.
- The profits, losses, and fees paid are included in the personal stats under 'investments' heading. 'Profits/losses received' are not inclusive of 'fees paid'. This information is not visible to others.
Regarding the prices of the stocks, Chedburn made the following comments.
- Price movements are now every minute (instead of every 15 minutes) and are based on real-world stocks in the same industries as Torn's; we won't be able to provide any more information than this.
- Stock prices are expected to increase by an average of 10% per year; however, there are no guarantees. Some stocks can be incredibly volatile, doubling within a month or crashing significantly.
Stock Benefits come in two types: "Passive" or "Active".
- Passive benefits require owning the correct number of shares for 7 days before the benefit activates. Active benefits pay out dividends every 7 or 31 days.
- It is possible to own multiple "increments" of each Active benefit stock. Every successive increment costs double that of the previous increment.
- For example, a benefit block of FHG costs 2,000,000 shares - paying out 1 FHC every 7 days. This means the second increment costs 4,000,000 shares (for a total of 6,000,000) - paying out a second FHC every 7 days, and the third increment costs 8,000,000 shares (for a total of 14,000,000) - paying out a third FHC every 7 days.
- If you currently have time progression toward an Active benefit dividend, purchasing additional increments will not reset this progression. Instead, progression will continue for the previous amount owned until the dividend is ready, and after this time progression will begin toward multiple increments.
- For example: You have 1 increment of FHG and have owned it for 3 days. You then purchase 2 more increments. After 4 days, you will receive 1 FHC. At this point progression begins again and after 7 days you will receive 3 FHCs.
- Active benefits cannot be stored and must be claimed before any time progression can be made toward another. This means that if you are currently receiving 1 FHC per week, you cannot go inactive for 2 weeks and collect 2 FHC. Progression toward a benefit works on a daily cron at midnight, meaning there is a 24 hours window in which to collect dividends before any time progression toward the next dividend is lost.
- Since Energy is capped at 1,000 and Happiness is capped at 99,999, collecting a dividend that would result in going beyond these limits will waste this dividend. Thus purchasing more than 10 MCS increments will waste energy every 7 days.
- Once a dividend is available to collect you will receive the following event: “A stock dividend from X is now available for withdrawal from the Stock Exchange.”
|Torn City Investments||TCB||1,500,000||Passive||--||10% Bank Interest Bonus|
|Torn & Shanghai Banking||TSB||3,000,000||Active||31 Days||$50,000,000|
|Symbiotic Ltd.||SYM||500,000||Active||7 days||1x Drug Pack|
|Crude & Co||CNC||7,500,000||Active||31 days||$80,000,000|
|Mc Smoogle Corp||MCS||350,000||Active||7 days||100 Energy|
|Feathery Hotels Group||FHG||2,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Feathery Hotel Coupon|
|Performance Ribaldry Network||PRN||1,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Erotic DVD|
|Wind Lines Travel||WLT||9,000,000||Passive||--||Private Jet Access|
|Syscore MFG||SYS||3,000,000||Passive||--||Advanced Firewall|
|Big Al's Gun Shop||BAG||3,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Ammunition Pack|
|Evil Ducks Candy Corp||EVL||100,000||Active||7 days||1000 Happy|
|Torn City Health Service||TCHS||150,000||Active||7 days||1x Box of Medical Supplies|
|Lucky Shots Casino||LSC||500,000||Active||7 days||1x Lottery Voucher|
|International School TC||ISTC||100,000||Passive||--||Free Education Courses|
|Torn City Motors||TCM||1,000,000||Passive||--||10% Racing Skill Boost|
|Torn City Clothing||TCC||7,500,000||Active||31 days||1x Clothing Caches|
|Legal Authorities Group||LAG||750,000||Active||7 days||1x Lawyer Business Card|
|Eaglewood Mercenary||EWM||1,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Box of Grenades|
|TC Media Productions||TCP||1,000,000||Passive||--||Company Sales Boost|
|Home Retail Group||HRG||10,000,000||Active||31 days||1x Random Property|
|The Torn City Times||TCT||100,000||Active||31 days||$1,000,000|
|Empty Lunchbox Traders||ELT||5,000,000||Passive||--||10% Home Upgrade Discount|
|Messaging Inc.||MSG||300,000||Passive||--||Free Classified Advertising|
|TC Music Industries||TMI||6,000,000||Active||31 days||$25,000,000|
|Insured On Us||IOU||3,000,000||Active||31 days||$12,000,000|
|I Industries Ltd.||IIL||1,000,000||Passive||--||50% (Virus) Coding Time Reduction|
|Tell Group Plc.||TGP||2,500,000||Passive||--||Company Advertising Boost|
|West Side University||WSU||1,000,000||Passive||--||10% Course Time Reduction|
|Yazoo||YAZ||1,000,000||Passive||--||Free Banner Advertising|
|Munster Beverage Corp.||MUN||5,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Six Pack of Energy Drink|
|Alcoholics Synonymous||ASS||1,000,000||Active||7 days||1x Six Pack of Alcohol|
Additional Benefits Description
- Syscore MFG (SYS) - Advance Firewall - provides protection to player and player's company against:
- Intricate Hack - Software Corporation
- Hack a company's bank account for up to 3% total cash
- Proxy Hacking - Software Corporation/Cyber Cafe
- Cancelling a targets virus programming
- IP Tracing - Cyber Cafe
- View lister of anonymous bounties
- Intricate Hack - Software Corporation
- Home Retail Group (HRG) - Random property - Each property between Trailer and Private Island has an equal chance (1/13) of being given.
- Insured on Us (IOU) - Possible random chance to be credited with cash when somebody in the Law city occupation uses the Paralegal special.
- Chedburn, Stocks 3.0 (06/04/21).
|West Side||Education · Your Gym · Travel agency|
|North Side||Auction House · Church · Item Market · Points Building · Points Market|
|Red-Light||Casino · Dump · Loan Shark · Mission · Race Track|
|City Center||Chronicle Archives · City Hall · Committee · Community Center · Hospital · Jail · Museum · Staff · Visitor Center|
|Financial||Bank · Donator House · Message Inc · Stock Market|
|East Side||Big Al's Gun Shop · Bits 'n' Bobs · Cyber Force · Docks · Estate Agents · Jewelry Store · Nikeh Sports · Pawn Shop · Pharmacy · Post Office · Super Store · Sweet Shop · TC Clothing · Token Shop|