Energy is a finite resource that can be used to perform a number of different activities throughout the game. Your current energy status is represented by the green bar in your Information sidebar panel.
Your energy bar will replenish at a rate that completely fills it to "Maximum" every five hours. Depending on your donator status, this means either 5 energy every 10 minutes (up to 150), or 5 energy every 15 minutes (up to 100). Beyond this, there are several additional ways to obtain energy:
- The Drugs Xanax and LSD provide 250 and 50 energy respective, provided you don't overdose.
- A Point refill can be used once a day to fill your energy bar up to its maximum.
- Energy Cans provide between 5 and 30 energy (base) at a cost of two hours consumable cooldown.
- Feathery Hotel Coupons provide a refill to your energy bar at a cost of six hours consumable cooldown.
- Inactivity refills are free refills that are earned for every week of inactivity from Torn, as an incentive for players to return to the game. The maximum amount of inactive refills one can obtain is 100, down from 250 and 1000 in the past.
The maximum energy one can have at any moment is 1,000.
There are numerous ways in which to spend your energy at various cost-levels:
- You can train your Battle Stats in the Gym. Depending on the gym, each individual train may use between 5 - 50 energy.
- You can Attack another player at a cost of 25 energy.
- You can Revive a player in Hospital at a cost of 25 - 75 energy, dependent on your faction's Fortitude upgrade branch.
- You can search the Dump at a cost of 5 energy.
- You can pray in the Church at a cost of 5 energy.
- You can increase your Happiness by playing on a games console at a cost of 5 energy.
There are also multiple mechanics that may cause a loss of energy, if you currently have any:
- Overdosing on certain drugs will cause your energy bar to be completely emptied.
- Using the drug "Shrooms" will cost up to 25 energy, if you currently have that in your energy bar.
- Opening a parcel that contains a Horse's Head will empty your energy bar.
- Being hit by radiation poisoning from a Dirty Bomb will empty your energy bar.