The Race Track is accessible via the 'Red-Light' area of the City!
Requirement: Before you can race at the Race Track, you need to purchase a Racing License for 50 points from the Points Building.
You start in Class E, and as you earn racing points you will automatically advance; you cannot level-hold your racing class.
For a list of all cars and their classes, refer to this page.
|Upgrading your Racing Class|
|Class E||0 Racing Points earned|
|Class D||25 Racing Points earned|
|Class C||100 Racing Points earned|
|Class B||250 Racing Points earned|
|Class A||475 Racing Points earned|
This is the total earned; if you spend, or lose them in a crash, they will still count towards ranking up.
Upgrading your Class
In order to rank up a class, you have to earn Racing Points by taking part in Official Races and finishing in the top 3.
3 Racing Points for finishing in 1st place! 2 Racing Points for finishing in 2nd place! 1 Racing Point for finishing in 3rd place!
- You only earn Racing Points from Official Races. However, Racing Skill is earned in both Official and Custom Races.
- Racing Points obtained through Company specials do not count towards ranking up a class; only those earned from Racing will count.
Taking part in Official Races is completely free. These races will take 1 hour to be prepared, and will finish once all participants have crossed the finish line.
After leaving an Official Race, there is a 15 minute penalty time before you can join another Official Race.
You are automatically matched against opponents with similar car stats. Once the race has started, you cannot swap to a car that outclasses theirs heavily.
There are a total of 16 tracks to race in Torn. Some tracks will not be accessible until you reach a certain class.
After a race is finished, you can visit the race log (linked in the completion event) to watch a replay. This can be sped up by x2, x4, x8, x10, x20, x40, x80, and x100.
Naming a Car
You can give your Enlisted Cars a unique name, to make them more easily identifiable, since you can Enlist multiple of the same Car. You can do this by selecting the small pencil icon next to each Enlisted Car, typing the desired name into the edit box, and clicking on "save".
There are four honor bars that can be achieved by participating in Racing.
- Reach Class A
- 250 wins in the same car
- Achieve a driver skill of 10
- Crash during a race
- You cannot travel while currently in a race.
- You can only take part in one race at a time.
- Being hospitalized during a race does not influence the outcome.
- Cars can be bought from The Docks in the City, or from other players in the Item Market or Bazaars. Cars can also be obtained by performing the Grand Theft Auto crimes.
- You cannot enlist a car in a class higher than for which you are qualified. You can still use cars that are below your current class.
- You cannot remove upgrades after they have been purchased and fitted. Upgrades can only be removed by purchasing a replacement upgrade (i.e. Adjustable Spoiler/Fixed Spoiler) or removing the car from enlistment which will remove all upgrades and returns the stock vehicle to your inventory.
- Wrecking your car also has the chance to remove fitted upgrades.
Ultimate Racing Tournament
- If you're new to racing, you may want to check out Baldr's Racing FAQ.
- Previously, vehicles enlisted were not removable and upgrades could not be removed. This was changed with Patch list #93 on 14/05/2019.
|Articles relating to City locations|
|West Side||Education · Gym · Travel agency|
|North Side||Points Building · Points Market · Item Market · Auction House · Church|
|Red-Light||Casino · Loan Shark · Race Track · Dump|
|City Center||City Stats · Committee · Community Center · Hospital · Museum · Jail · Staff · Visitor Center|
|Financial||City Bank · Donator House · Message Inc · Stock Market|
|East Side||Big Al's Gun Shop · Sally's Sweet Shop · TC Clothing · Estate Agents · Bits 'n' Bobs · Jewelry Shop · Torn Super Store · Cyber Force · Torn City Docks · Post Office · Pawn Shop · Pharmacy · Nikeh Sports|