Players who are in violation of Torn City Game Rules can be reported to staff by making a Player Report.
On each player's profile page, there is a triangular icon with an exclamation point for reporting that player. Clicking on that icon takes you to the player report page, which has a form that allows you to make the report.
Players must be at least 24 hours old to make a report. If a player under this age wishes to make a report they can contact a member of the staff team.
There are 16 categories for reports, handled by moderators, officers and admins.
Moderators can deal with the following reports:
- Spamming: Spamming is posting multiple messages, multiple events, multiple faction applications, etc...
- Profile Violation: This is for reporting users who have content in their profile against the game's rules.
- Newspaper: Any game violation that is found posted by a user in the newspaper, this can also include offensive content placed in bounty reasons.
- Forum Violation: This is for reporting users who have violated the forum conduct rules.
- Chat Violation: This is for reporting users who have violated the social guidelines on the chat system, however moderators can only access public chat logs, these reports are referred to officers if it involves private conversation.
Officers can deal with the following reports, as well as all reports moderators are able to handle:
- Multiple Accounts: If you suspect a user is using more than one account.
- Account Sharing: More than one person using a single account.
- Hacking: Hacking is taking control of another user's account.
- Discrimination: Select this if you have been subjected to undue harassment or discrimination covered in the game rules.
- Harassment: This is for reporting users who have violated the Social Guidelines on harassment.
- Middleman/Same IP: Users who use a middleman to transfer cash to bypass the same IP block.
- Bug abuse: Abusing a bug for gain, validation of this however is confirmed with admins.
The final categories of reports are dealt with only by admins, and not by any other staff:
- Staff violation: Use this category to report any violations of current Torn City staff
- Ban Dispute: If you have been banned for a reason and want to appeal it.
- Warning Dispute: If you have been warned for a reason and want to appeal it.
To appeal a ban that you have received, file a player report on yourself.
Player reports are not to be used for reporting game bugs, the in game bugs and issues forum board is for this. Misuse of this reporting system can result in jail time for the reporter.
If you notice any bugs within the game then you are to report them on the Bugs & Issues forum. There are different levels of bugs which are changed by staff when needed, you may be required to give additional information in your initial report.
- Confirmed - This bug has been confirmed by a staff member and assigned to an admin/developer to be resolved.
- Info Required - This is when the report that you've sent in requires a little more information from you before staff can process the report further.
- Fixed - When a reported bug has been fixed
- Closed - If a report isn't an actual bug.
When your report is marked as confirmed it is often assigned to an admin or a developer to check further logs or fix the issue that's reported.
To report an in-game mail you just hit the report link on the message. If you have received an offensive message that is marked as anonymous remember to still report it as staff are able to view who has sent the message, please be aware that a response is not issued by staff upon this report being resolved.
To report offensive private chats simply hit the triangular report button in the bottom right of the chat box, this will send staff a copy of the recent conversation up to the time of the report, as with mail reports please be aware that a response is not issued by staff upon this report being resolved.
To report offensive forum content you can hit the report button on the relevant forum post, you can add a reason for why you are reporting this for further clarity. Forum reports that are currently reported have the report button highlighted in red, these reports also do not have direct responses from staff, but they may post in the thread or edit the offending post to show players it has been resolved, or to explain why it is not an offence if there is confusion.