This Article is currently under Construction or Expansion.
welcome to assist in its construction. Please direct your questions to the editors or contributors. These can be found here
. Alternatively please comment here
- As you successfully complete contracts for Duke or any other agent, you will gain standing. You can lose standing by failing or declining contracts. By successfully completing many contracts, the difficulty level, rewards and amount of contracts available will begin to rise.
- If you decline a contract you will lose less standing in comparison to when you fail a mission. So don't just accept your contracts willy nilly!
- Missions can be left completed, but rewards unclaimed, indefinitely. Simply click "complete" to officially end the mission and receive mission credits and any additional rewards.
- Contract with an asterisk (*) beside the name indicates a new contract that you have not receive before
Upon first meeting a contract giver/mission agent, everyone will start on Easy difficulty. As an example with Duke, The targets and challenges you face will be very simple and the rewards will be low - this will change dramatically as difficulty increases. In contrast, some Expert contracts may be impossible to complete without assistance from others, but they'll provide on average 16x higher money rewards and 5x mission credit rewards.
You can increase the difficulty of contracts he provides by increasing your standing with him. There are 5 levels of difficulty: Easy, Medium, Hard, Very hard and Expert. Each tier dramatically increases the money and mission credit reward and will unlock more contracts that were previously unavailable.
It is possible to still receiving contracts in lower difficulty than your current standing; i.e., if you have Expert level unlocked it is still possible to receive Medium difficulty contracts.
Before you can unlock a new difficulty level, Duke will provide a special contract that you must complete. By completing these special contracts, future contracts will have a chance to spawn at a higher difficulty. Some specific contracts have set difficulty levels, so you may sometimes receive lower difficulty contracts than you're expecting.
The mission credits panel (seen at the bottom of the missions page) is where you can spend your mission credits. Mission credits are a new currency given when missions and contracts are completed.
Six random rewards will spawn here at a time. When one is purchased, it will be replaced by another one. Every unpurchased reward will be replaced by a new one every 7 days.
The rewards may appear expensive at first due to the amount of mission credits received at lower difficulties. The team behind Torn also wants the special rewards to actually be special - by keeping their prices high.
Rewards to look out for are books, attachments and Special ammunition.
George gives new players introductory missions to get them going in the game, more information about these missions can be found Here.
Anonymous is a mission agent, who will introduce you to all others. Currently, he only has one mission, which is an introductory mission for Duke, which requires you to complete 10 contracts. Upon completion, you will gain an honor bar, and 100 mission credits.
Anonymous is unlocked once reaching level 5.
Duke - the Loan Shark - is a mission agent, who will ask you to complete contracts in return for Mission credits.
Contracts are like mini-missions. You'll be asked to complete fairly simple randomly generated tasks that utilize already existing game mechanics. Duke currently provides 67 separate contracts of which most are repeatable, we'll also constantly be adding new ones based on feedback and suggestions.
Every agent we add will have a different theme. Duke's contracts are almost entirely focused around attacking (a sensible starting point), so most of the tasks will be somewhat similar--although receiving the same contract with the same task and target more than once is very rare.
Duke will provide one contract per day, at midnight. You can have up to three available or in-progress contracts at a time.
Professor Amanda Ravenscroft, a mission giver that has yet to be released.
As of now, there is no information about agents after Amanda, but there surely will more.
There are three honor bars that can be achieved by completing missions.
- Complete the mission Introduction: Duke
- Earn 10,000 mission credits
- Complete 1,000 contracts
Released prior to Patch list #1
- Patch list #187 : 06/04/21
- Added purple egg to the Easter Egg Hunt which provides +10 mission credits upon pickup.
- Patch list #179 : 09/02/21
- Changed mission target selector to include twice as many inactive players if available.
- Patch list #176 : 19/01/21
- Changed Double Jeopardy mission trigger to check last bounties instead of being locked to the first one.
- Patch list #175 : 12/01/21
- Changed 'Make it slow' mission target selection to avoid targets who are 25 levels lower.
- Patch list #165 : 27/10/20
- Changed item removal logic from completed missions to remove the last one received (with highest ID).
- Patch list #158 : 08/09/20
- Removed target name from travel mission descriptions to help prevent accidental travel before accepting.
- Patch list #127 : 04/02/19
- Removed redundant text from ammo rewards title on missions rewards panel.
- Patch list #126 : 28/01/19
- Increased Damage & Accuracy of the Trout to reduce difficulty of the 'Red Faced' mission contract.
- Changed 'Plainleth Dentitht' target difficulty (-1).
- Changed 'Fireworks' base rounds fired requirement from 500 to 250 (halved).
- Changed 'Field Trip' money win requirement from $1,000 base to $100 ($1m maximum at expert).
- Changed 'Make it Slow' minimum turns difficulty increment from 2 to 1 (13 to 9 maximum at expert)
- Increased 'Against the Odds' base rewards from 8 to 9 credits and from $5,000 to $5,500.
- Increased 'Emotional Debt' base money reward from $3,000 to $4,500 to cover Pepper Spray cost.
- Increased 'Undercutters' base rewards from 11 to 14 credits and from $6,500 to $8,000.
- Increased 'Unwanted Attention' base rewards from 13 to 18 credits and from $8,500 to $11,000.
- Increased 'Wrath of Duke' base rewards from 12 to 16 credits and $7,500 to $10,000.
- Increased 'Drug Problem' base rewards from 14 to 22 credits and $9,000 to $14,000.
- Increased 'Tree Huggers' base rewards from 15 to 26 credits and $9,500 to $16,000.
- Increased 'An Honorary Degree' base rewards from 6 to 7 credits.
- Increased 'Graffiti' base money reward from $3,000 to $4,500 to cover Pepper Spray cost.
- Increased 'A Problem at the Tracks' base rewards from 12 to 16 credits and $8,000 to $10,000.
- Increased 'No Man is an Island' minimum difficulty level to Hard.
- Increased 'Charity Work' base rewards from 7 to 9 credits.
- Increased 'Rabbit Response' base rewards from 7 to 14 credits and $4,500 to $8,000.
- Increased 'Hands Off' base rewards from 12 to 17 credits and $8,000 to $10,500.
- Increased 'Bare Knuckle' base rewards from 14 to 16 credits and $8,500 to $12,000
- Increased 'Candy From Babies' base rewards from 12 to 15 credits.
- Increased 'Get Things Jumping' base rewards from 12 to 14 credits.
- Increased 'Big Tub of Muscle' base rewards from 5 to 7 credits and $3,000 to $4,000.
- Increased 'Hare, Meet Tortoise' base rewards from 5 to 7 credits and $3,000 to $4,000.
- Increased 'Party Tricks' base rewards from 5 to 7 credits and $3,000 to $4,000.
- Increased 'Immovable Object' base rewards from 5 to 7 credits and $3,000 to $4,000.
- Increased 'Batshit Crazy' base rewards from 8 to 10 credits.
- Increased 'Cracking Up' base rewards from 9 to 11 credits and $5,500 to $6,500.
- Increased 'Loud and Clear' base rewards from 13 to 17 credits and $8,500 to $10,000.
- Increased 'A Thor Loser' base rewards from 10 to 12 credits.
- Increased 'Keeping Up Appearances' base rewards from 5 to 7 credits and $0 to $5,000.
- Increased 'Swan Step Too Far' base rewards from 5 to 9 credits and $3,000 to $5,500.
- Increased 'Swan Step Too Far' minimum difficulty level to Hard.
- Increased 'Dirty Little Secret' base rewards from 11 to 12 credits.
- Increased 'Proof of the Pudding' base rewards from 5 to 8 credits and $3,500 to $4,500.
- Increased 'Army of One' base rewards from 9 to 16 credits and $5,500 to $10,000.
- Reduced 'Family Ties' base rewards from 18 to 15 credits and from $11,500 to $9,500.
- Reduced 'Lost and Found' base rewards from 19 to 17 credits and from $12,000 to $10,500.
- Reduced 'Pass the Word' base rewards from 12 to 6 credits and $7,500 to $3,500.
- Reduced 'Some People' base rewards from 12 to 6 credits and $7,500 to $3,500.
- Reduced 'Birthday Surprise' base rewards from 11 to 8 credits and $6,500 to $5,000.
- Reduced 'Bakeout Breakout' base rewards from 9 to 7 credits and $6,000 to $5,000.
- Patch list #124 : 14/01/20
- Changed 'Sellout Slayer' contract to allow direct sales back to shops.
- Patch list #119 : 26/11/19
- Increased quantities of special ammo provided by Companies, Stocks & newly spawned mission rewards.
- Changed mission credit costs of special ammunition (reduction).
- Patch list #114 : 22/10/19
- Changed 'fight lose' trigger to automatically assign a new target if current one is fedded.
- Patch list #113 : 15/10/19
- Changed random hospital time from the dirty bomb building process to avoid potential mission targets.
- Patch list #110 : 10/09/19
- Changed 'Sell' and 'Weapon use' triggers on 'Sellout Slayer' contract to count any weapons of the same type.
- Patch list #92 : 07/05/19
- Changed "The Executive Game" mission trigger to not fail on wrong weapon use.
- Patch list #89 : 09/04/19
- Updated a few mission triggers to use new fight items equipped log.
- Patch list #88 : 02/04/19
- Added system to prevent timeout of contracts if all tasks are completed.
- Patch list #87 : 26/03/19
- Changed "Painleth Dentitht" mission trigger to count hits from "Penelope" item.
- Patch list #82 : 19/02/19
- Changed 'Hammer time' mission trigger to also count hits made with Duke's hammer.
- Patch list #66 : 23/10/18
- Added Fruitcake item to appear in Bits 'n' Bobs shop occasionally.
- Patch list #65 : 16/10/18
- Changed minimum level of "Out of the Frying Pan" contract to 20.
- Patch list #42 : 24/04/18
- Added ignore list exception for mission messages.
- Patch list #41 : 17/04/18
- Changed 'no second chances' mission trigger to not count group attacks as fail criteria.
- Patch list #39 : 03/04/18
- Increased Frenzy contract credit & money rewards.
- Patch list #37 : 20/03/18
- Changed missions triggers to count fists and kick as melee weapons.
- Patch list #36 : 13/03/18
- Changed 'Birthday Surprise' trigger to use average market price of the item as additional money reward.
- Patch list #35 : 06/03/18
- Changed tutorial mission crimes trigger to check current inventory.
- Patch list #34 : 27/02/18
- Added automated fed-jailed targets change for missions 'fight win' tasks.
- Changed mission book bonus to work for all current contracts instead of newly spawned.
- Patch list #26 : 26/12/17
- Changed 'A Thor Loser' contract basic task value to 6 instead of 8.
- Patch list #20 : 14/11/17
- Added city quick links highlight for missions.
- Patch list #18 : 31/10/17
- Increased inactivity requirements for mission targets from 7 to 14 days.
- Added hospital and jail time check to mission targets selection.
- Patch list #15 : 10/10/17
- Changed some mission lose triggers to only count damaging hits.
- Changed missions rewards section to handle the multi-tab accidental buys.
- Patch list #8 : 08/08/17
- Changed missions target selection formula to prevent 'too high defense' matches.
Missing: pre #8 patches.
- To view missions that were available prior to RESPO click here.