You are welcome to assist in its construction. Please direct your questions to the editors or contributors. These can be found here. Alternatively please comment here!
City Jail is where you go when you get caught by violating city law and enter into conflict with police.
The following actions will send you to Jail:
- Failing a Crime (getting a red result) this will result in jail time and a loss of Crime Experience.
- Failing a Bust
- Failing an Organised Crime (getting a jail result) this will result in jail time and a smaller loss of Crime Experience.
- Getting arrested by another player.
There is a massive difference in jail time, it can range from ten minutes to over several hours.
Whilst in the City Jail you have restricted access to the game until you escape or are busted out.
You can do your gym training at Crims. You cannot train dexterity, but you can train the other three stats. Note that the strength and speed gains are better at Crims than the first four lightweight gyms, and the defense gains at Crims are better than ALL of the lightweight gyms and the first middleweight gym (Knuckle Heads).
Busting is an attempt to free an imprisoned person from the Jail by someone outside. The following things impact the chance to successfully bust a player from jail:
- Perks from faction (In the Criminality tree, bust success can be increased to up to 50%)
- Perks from Education (Law)
- Perks from job (Working at a Law Firm makes busting easier and also shows the bust success chance)
- Your total number of already completed busts (the more you've done the easier it is)
- Level (Being a higher level increases the bust chance, and busting lower levels is easier)
- Time (Multiple busts in quick succession lower success rates)
Every bust attempt costs 5 nerve, which can reduced by up to 3 with the relevant faction upgrades in the Criminality tree.
There are three possible outcomes to a busting attempt:
- Success: The jailed player receives the event "[busting player] busted you out of jail."
- Failure: The jailed player remains in jail and the buster loses five nerve, but is not jailed. The jailed player will receive the event "[busting player] failed to bust you out of jail."
- Jailed: The busting player fails the bust and is also sent to jai. The jailed player receives the event "[busting player] was caught trying to bust you out of jail." A failed bust will result in jail time of one to three hours.
Busting is an especially difficult activity for new, low-level players. The education classes in Law can help with busting for new players.
Attempting a self bust will cost half of a player's max nerve bar (rounded up).
- Completing the LAW2990 education reduces the self bail nerve requirement from one half to one third.
Failure when self busting will add to a player's Jail time.
In addition to busting someone, there is also the option to buy someone out of jail costing an amount in dollars equal to (100 * remaining Jail time in minutes * inmate level).
You are able to buy yourself out of prison by the completion of Common law
You can improve your break out ability by:
- Participating in law education courses, which can grant perks such as:
- reduced chance of being caught when trying to escape from Jail
- reduced amount of Nerve required to escape from Jail.
- the ability to buy yourself out of Jail.
- give a total 15% bonus to your skill in Busting and the same discount when buying people out of Jail.
- Bachelor of Law makes busting 50% easier and buying out 50% cheaper.
- Joining a 5* or better law firm. The 5* special 'Closing Argument' allows for a longer bust chain, and the 10* special 'Educated Decisions' allows you to see the success chance of your busts.
- Using a Lawyer Business Card will instantly get you out of jail, though this item is consumed on use. It is available via LAG's stock benefit.
You can receive 7 medals for successful busts and there are 5 honors available for Jail related activities;
Jail related awards
|Honor Bar Image||Name||Requirements|
|Repeat Offender||Go to jail 250 times|
|Bar Breaker||Bust 1,000 players out of jail|
|Aiding And Abetting||Bust 2,500 players out of jail|
|Don't Drop It||Bust 10,000 players out of jail|
|Freedom Isn't Free||Bail 500 players out of jail|
- Self busting used to give a free boost to your dexterity (0.1% of current stat). This was later changed to 0.05%, before being removed.
- Self busting used to only be possible if your jail time was lower than 200 minutes. This was since removed because of a bug report.
- Definitive information on busting and crime experience can be found in this announcement from May, 2014.
- In the past, your dexterity contributed to your bust success chance, but this is no longer the case.
|West Side||Education · Your Gym · Travel agency|
|North Side||Auction House · Church · Item Market · Points Building · Points Market|
|Red-Light||Casino · Dump · Loan Shark · Mission · Race Track|
|City Center||Chronicle Archives · City Hall · Committee · Community Center · Hospital · Jail · Museum · Staff · Visitor Center|
|Financial||Bank · Donator House · Message Inc · Stock Market|
|East Side||Big Al's Gun Shop · Bits 'n' Bobs · Cyber Force · Docks · Estate Agents · Jewelry Store · Nikeh Sports · Pawn Shop · Pharmacy · Post Office · Super Store · Sweet Shop · TC Clothing · Token Shop|
- Nosy, Advanced Jail Bust Guide (22/10/20)