You are welcome to assist in its construction. Please direct your questions to the editors or contributors. These can be found here. Alternatively please comment here!
Torn has a player to player direct trading option. You can access it through two means.
- Side bar > Items > Trades (top right) > Insert User ID/ Name > Trade Description > Initiate
- Player Profile > Actions > Trade > Trade Description > Initiate
Tradeable elements which are always visible on the trade page
Other elements which are available according to your status
Which are not tradeable?
- The initiator of the trade can add or remove any elements through the '+' sign beside the respective category only until the other party accept the trade.
- The other party can also add or remove any elements in the same way till they accept the trade.
- After the other party accepts the trade, the trade is said to be 'locked', where no further changes are possible to the contents on both sides.
- The trade is finalized through acceptance of the 'Initiator' only.
- 'Accept' option always follows a 5 second re-confirmation process to give both parties a chance to review the contents before finally accepting the trade.
- A trade can be cancelled at any stage before the Initiator finally confirms the trade. Then the contents reach to their respective owners.
- The elements in a trade are counted towards the 'pending' networth.
- When the trade is initiated the other party gets an event and when the trade is accepted by the other party, initiator gets an event.
- When the trade is complete both parties get an event.
- You can add comments to the trade (maximum 155 characters, once per a minute).
- Added elements can be seen by other party even without accepting the trade.
- You can put any amount of money in a trade.
- Trades need to be double confirmed (a player safe protocol) with a 5 second timer for the re-confirmation.
Players can hold their money in a trade. While being in the trade, the money is not available for mugging by others. It is usually done with a trusted friend/faction mate.
- Trading can be done from hospital and jail, but not while flying.
- A single trade can only transfer a total of 10,000 elements from one side to another.
- To buy a company or faction, the buyer must join the company or faction.
- A trade can only last for 6 hours to complete. If the trade is not completed within the time, it will 'time out'. In that case the contents put in the trade will return to their respective owners (after a 15 minute gap).
- The money from a trade-cancel or trade-time-out reaches the owner's hand immediately and it is available for mugging.
- Ghost trades can be cancelled and the initiator can be mugged if the other party wishes to.
- You have to empty the vault, move out, and fire all staff of your property before setting it up for a trade.
- Trade re-confirmation can be removed by some player scripts, which is not recommended.
Prior to 6 April 2021, shares could be traded between players. This is no longer the case due to the Stocks 3.0 update (Chedburn, Stocks 3.0).