How to Play
The aim of the game is to beat the dealer, without going over 21. To do this, you have various options at your disposal; usually Hit or Stand. If the value of your cards goes over 21, you lose the game and your bet.
- Both players (you and the dealer) start with 2 cards.
- You can see both of your cards, but can only see the dealer's first card.
- Once you have your two cards you must choose whether to:
- Hit - draw another card to add to your total
- Stand - end your turn
- Double Down - double your bet, draw a single card, then immediately stand.
- Surrender - forfeit the game, salvanging half of your original bet back.
- Split (requires both your cards to have the same value) - double your bet and have the ability to play two hands, drawing at least 2 more cards (one new card per hand). You play your second hand once the first split round is completed.
- Insurance (requires the dealer to be showing an Ace) - This is a side bet that pays 2:1. If the dealer is holding a natural 21, then you win the side bet.
- After you end your turn (and you haven't forfeited), the Dealer plays it's automatic round:
- The dealer will Hit if their current value is 16 or under.
- The dealer will Stand if their current value is 17 or over.
- Ace - This card can be worth 1 or 11; it will automatically attempt to give you it's biggest value without going over 21.
- 2-10 - These cards are worth the same value which they represent.
- Jack, Queen and King - All picture cards are worth 10.
If a player holds six cards and still has not yet busted, this is known as a "6-Card Charlie" (6CC). A 6CC beats any holding except for Blackjack and 6CC. In the event both player and dealer has a 6CC, regular rules apply; that is, the highest total wins.
If you just have an Ace and another card that is worth 10, then you have a blackjack or a natural. This means that your hand is equal to 21 on 2 cards and you win the round as long as the Dealer does not also have a blackjack. Winning with a blackjack pays 2.5x of your original bet.
|Articles relating to Casino games|
|Slots||Spin The Wheel||Roulette||Lottery|
|High-Low||Keno||Craps||Rock Paper Scissors|