Level and Ranks
Levels are gained by gaining Experience within the game. There is no visible experience bar in the game. It's thought that almost everything done within the game counts towards this, although only the following are known.
- Attacking and leaving (see this as 100% XP gain) another player on the street. A higher leveled victim will yield more experience.
- Mugging another player. Gives less experience (gives 55-60% XP, in comparison to leaving) than simply leaving.
- Hospitalizing another player. Gives less experience (gives 40% XP, also in comparison to leaving) than mugging.
- Committing Crimes.
- Training in the Gym.
- Working at a job/gaining Work Stats.
- Company specials (trade Job Points for Experience); Clothing Store, Nightclub, Hair Salon, Theater.
- Easter Egg Hunt - finding a Pink Easter Egg
Anything else is unknown whether it gives experience or not. Including Busting, Gambling, Flying, Racing, etc.
When enough experience is gained to upgrade level an [Upgrade] link will appear beside your level, click it to level up! Some players choose to 'level hold' and not upgrade their level, mostly to trick other players into underestimating their strength. When level holding a player will continue to gain experience and so is able to upgrade multiple levels at once, if you want to know the true level (the level they could be on) of a level holder you can use the 10* special of a candle shop.
The Hall of Fame in the newspaper and on the sidebar has a section dedicated to levels. You can view the 20 highest levelled players in the game, as well as seeing your ranking compared to all other players.
There is certain areas and abilities that are unlocked through leveling:
|2||Unlock the Dump|
|3||Can join a Company|
|5||Unlock Auction House|
Unlock the ability to do missions beyond George's
|6||Unlock Russian Roulette|
|7||Unlock Spin The Wheel|
|10||Be the Director of a Company|
Submit comics to the Newspaper
|13||Access to Global Chat|
|15||Unlock the Travel Agency|